Monday, November 28, 2011

Vegan here I come...

So I decided I really need a change in my diet. A friend suggested a couple of books and a DVD. I got reading…it was terrific…they are vegetarian based eating plans. I realized I have been eating lots of animal proteins. I eat meat, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, yogurt,  cheese…I need a change. Its not that I don’t believe that we should be eating these things…its just the amount that I consume that I don’t think is good. Another realization is that I avoid whole grains because I have been avoiding grains. SO….long story short I am going vegan for 28 days (Engine 2 diet) and then I plan to use it to help me regulate my eating. I am also hoping that because of the change I will lose weight!!!!
I will try to post my recipes along with what I eat to give everyone an idea of what I am eating. If you have some good ideas for me please feel free to share.
I will be avoiding refined sugars and refine grains as well. I will get my protein from nuts, tofu and beans. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you eating splenda? I make a teriyaki sauce for tofu using soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, and a splenda packet. Then I pour it over tofu, sautee it up and eat it over rice. I don't have an exact recipe. I just add stuff til it taste right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious! Tnx ill def try

    ReplyDelete