Sunday, April 15, 2012

My new journey

So Pesach (Passover) was amazing! It was full of family, food, wine and just an all around good time! To say it wasn't a challenge would be a lie, but it was definitely not as hard as it could have been. Being in school during a holiday like this one, is hard. I wish I had more time to spend with my kids, more time to cook, etc etc etc...

But the truth is we did have a fabulous trip up to a friends farm!!!! The kids already want to go back!! We hiked, we bbq'd hotdogs and marshmallows, the kids ran free and it felt so damn good! We also went to an IMAX at the science center and spent about an hour and half in the science center...the IMAX was phenomenal its called 'Born to be Wild' highly recommended...even Rachelle (who is 3 loved it.)

Now onto my new journey...I just resigned up for weight watchers. The scariest part....I had to weigh myself this morning...and not only have I put on 5lbs with my move, starting school etc....a few more have snuck on over the holidays. My weight has NEVER been this high...ok when I was pregs it got to be a bit higher then this...but I AM NOT PREGNANT and I weigh sooo much I am embarrassed to say. So instead of feeling sorry for myself...my job is to lose it!

My motivation?!?! (this order is not in any particular order)
1.I HATE the feeling of my thighs rubbing together
2. I want to feel fit again
3. I DO NOT want to be a FAT nurse!!!!
4. I want to feel pretty
5. I NEED to be healthy

4 comments:

  1. remember you CAN do it!

    my boot camp instructor would say as all of us were doing wall squats - "remember its mind over matter, you dont mind and it dont matter" lol!

    good luck and make small goals for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naami,
    I know how you feel. At 67 I am still fighting the fat. The day after my 67th birthday on February 26th, I went online to WeightWatchers.com and joined the online program. Since I've been a life time member since around 1974, I have been to many meetings and through many types of programs. I like this points program and it seems to be working for me. Luckily I didn't invite guests nor cook for Pesach. (First night at the Greenhause/Hassine house.) I had no leftovers of heavy fat laden food. Ron and I both lost weight with just plain fresh veggies and fruit and no Passover junk food. I haven't had a macaroon yet!! LOL
    So, as of my weigh-in this morning, I am 17 1/2 lbs down. I have tons to go, but at least I'm trying to be healthy and live a bit longer. I now have a 16 month old grandson who is too delightful to miss.
    When you get back to NY, maybe you'll take a little trip to Huntington for visit! Be well and all the best! I'll be following along on your journey...I'm with you gal !!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That means alot! I Tried to 'behave' over the holiday but ended up eating LOTS of chocolate to compensate for my lack of sleep and huge amounts of school work...but now that that is over I am beginning...We are so lucky to have so much to live for! Thanks for the support! And we def owe Huntignton a visit!

      Delete