Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week and 3 days

It's been a week and 3 days without sugar and I gotta say its not easy! I did have 1 cookie twice this week but that's an accomplishment of its own (usually I have 3 or 4) 
I need to get more creative with my cooking! Prepare food I'm excited to eat! 
My latest is watermelon with feta cheese and spearmint- it's so damn weird it's yummy!
Any hoots I'd love tips from my lovely friends!!!
Since I've started this I have gotten out to run/brisk walk 3x as well (in addition to basketball)  I'm starting to feel old cuz my feet hurt so bad! I think it's that time in my life to either visit a pediatrist and get some inserts or go to a running store to get really fitted for sneakers! Any thoughts my friends? 
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!!

3 comments:

  1. My dear I had to switch to crocs or another supportive shoe, especially when exercising or walking a lot. I will not let my feet suffer- a person cannot ever be happy with unhappy feet. :) Good luck with the sugar. So far, in the past 6 months, I have given up caffeine and I gave up dairy (excluding Shavuot), sadly. I have had so much Chai tea, ugh. But I am feeling better and my skin is clearer. I have a passion for cheese and ice cream (not together, eeww)and it is hardest on me psychologically, but I am doing it. I am contemplating giving up gluttons in the future, but the thought scares me. One step at a time, a little bit here and a little more later on- but always on the path to healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow naam im proud of you! its hard to give up sugar! i did it at one point years ago for a lil while and lost a lot of weight. great idea! but ye def get ur feet checked out that doesnt sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Chanah SufrinMay 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

    Go to a podiatrist for inserts, AND get properly fitted for good sneakers. My feet started hurting me 3 1/2 years ago, it makes such a difference to your quality of life if you address the problem.

    ReplyDelete