Sunday, October 28, 2012

Its a marathon not a sprint....either way it implys an ending!

So I try to imagine a time where I wasnt concerned about my weight...hmmmm NEVER! Which puts me in a bad situation...I cant imagine a time where I wont be concerned with my weight. ARGH
A friend once told me losing weight is a marathon not a sprint...well firstly I am WAY better at sprinting and secondly both imply an ending...I dont see one...brrr

Onto actuality...this weekend I got a book in the mail that I have been meaning to read...'The Mayo Clinic Diet' obviously I sat down and read right through it. For all those who have heard me speak about weight loss, health or anything related, I tend to quote the mayo clinic a lot.
The book is quite different then any other diet book I have read. firstly its about breaking bad habits and forming good ones as opposed to focusing on what you should and should not be eating. Of course there is the part about what to eat...and even that is different, its focus is on fruits and veggies, eating whole grain carbs and just a little bit of lean protein. I have mixed feelings about this diet but I feel like I may give it a shot. I need another day or two to think about it but I will keep you guys posted!
If any of you have tried this before let me know!
Hope everyone is safe and snug with this freak storm coming...
Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment